Image Map

Sunday 23 March 2014

Blonde Ambition



Just wanted to share with you a post featuring my hair colour transformation, which started at the end of December last year, when I decided it was time to take a plunge and dip in for some blonde tresses.


Short colour history


I first coloured my hair at the beginning of 2013, riding off my natural dark brown hair for a softer light brown from roots to end. Mid year my roots had returned (shamefully due to not keeping up with hair appointments), but as luck would have it, dark roots were right on trend!

I lengthened my roots with a root-stretch to extend the length of my root colour to blend down into the soft light brown colour. As much as I loved this subtle ombre effect by the time the New Year was approaching I decided my next trip to the salon would see my light brown ends turn golden blonde for the summer time.

Ombre Effect


With my hairstylist I decided to go for the high contrast ombre effect. Essentially keeping my natural dark brown colour from my roots to mid length and then blending out to an ash blonde.

Bellami Hair Extentions


A new colour seemed like the perfect opportunity to invest in a brand new pair of extension. They were going to have to be recoloured to match my custom ombre hair colour. After a lot of research I took the advice of many YouTube beauty gurus and ordered the famous Bellami Hair Extensions.

Believe what you hear about these beauties! The Bellami Hair extensions are currently my most favourite extensions to date. I have been through a number of different brands through the years but nothing has compared to these. The hair quality is amazing and the thickness of each section runs from top to bottom.

I purchased the Bellami Belissima 220g "22, in ash blonde, which were then recoloured by my hairdresser to compliment my own custom colour. I also had the extensions trimmed to a more suitable length in proportion to my body and face.

It’s important to remember that hair all the way down to your backside is not a look that everyone can pull off. The Bellami extensions are amazing for length and thickness, but having them trimmed to better suit your body can be the difference between people thinking your hair is naturally long and full or just plain fake.




It’s been three months now and each trip I have had to the salon since going ombre it seems I am more eager to creep that blonde colour further and further up towards my roots. 
Maybe one day I’ll go the full length but I’m not there yet. For now I love the high contrast between my natural roots and blonde ends.

Don't be afraid to try a new look, whether it's a fresh cut or colour or even if it's just a new hair style for the day. Slick those tresses back or let them out loose, which ever look you chose remember to own it and wear the hair, don't let it wear you.


XO Nat


No comments:

Post a Comment