Image Map

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Road Test | L’Oreal Super Liner Blackbuster




I spotted this new liner a week ago on a promo commercial wandering around the web. From first sight I knew I wanted to get my hands on it. I am an advocator of liquid liners, give it to me thick and glossy with a lustrous flick. The L’Oreal Super Liner Blackbuster seemed to have potential to be my next liquid liner craze. 


First Impression

Picking up this product in the store it was exactly what I expected. The packaging is a sleek combination of black and gold with a thick crayon-like body. There is no pot to dip in and no additional brushes required for application. All that is housed inside of this pen is a a felt-tip liquid liner, with a devine point. With the name of the product promising a ‘Super Black Line’ I was sold!

First Application


I will admit I had set a high expectation for the Super Liner Blackbuster and I was excited to take it for a test run. With the thick pen body between my fingers I was all set. The body width of this liner gave me great control, no shaking business because my fingers had such a tight grip on the pen. The size of the tip is perfect for starting off with a basic line and then slowly building up that wing effect.

Unfortunately, the actual liquid formular itself whilst gliding out of the tip and onto my eyelids, just wasn’t bold nor glossy enough for me. Thinking perhaps the product needed to be shaken around I tipped the pen upside-down for a couple moments then proceeded to try and achieve the same perfect line but hoping for a more polished and intense finish. 

This didn’t seem to be the case. I was able to create a lovely winged-out line but my personal preference of liquid liner is that it would be bold and glossy.

My Verdict


Pros of this product are the thick pen body and presice felt point, giving you more grip and a great hand control to construct a perfect winged line. The wear-length of this eyeliner is  very lasting, staying on throughout the entire day that I wore it.

Unfortuantley the actual formular itself did not impress me. I found it no where near dark enough for a liquid eyeliner. I prefer a glossy intense blackness when it come to liquid liners, for both day and night looks. The Super Liner Blackbuster just didn’t cut it for me this time, maybe I received one from a dodgy batch? The promise of a black liquid liner just didn't translate onto my eyelids, so I have been far from impressed.

Perhaps you prefer a softer, less-intense eyeliner look and you’re looking to build up your winged-liner skills, than this product could be for you. I myself was not at all impressed with the finished look and regretfully say save your money and skip trying this one. I definitely am not recommending it to my fellow intensifying-winged-eye-loving beauties. 





No comments:

Post a Comment