Image Map

Friday 28 March 2014

Road Test | Max Factor Dip-in eye shadow





I first came across the Max Factor dip-in eye shadow a couple of months ago and from testing out all the colors in store, I knew I’d eventually give in to purchasing them.

Colors purchased...
Ibiza Sunrise - a shimmer golden bronze
Posh Pink - a soft shimmer pearl pink


First Impression


When I took swatches of the colors in store they seemed very pigmented and very shimmery. I liked the idea of eye shadow in a dip and apply form as the formula of the shadow is very fine and I imagine could create a massive mess if it was in the standard mineral eye shadow casing.


First Application



The small sponge dip worked wonders in applying the shadow to my eyelids. There was only a minimal amount of product excess that had to be cleaned up because the formula is so fine.

I found that not a lot of product had to be on the in sponge, the pigmentation of the color was determined by how much pressure I used when applying to my eyelids.

The finish of the product is very colorant and pearly, giving that extra flash of shimmer and color to the eye shadow look. 


The Verdict



Cons of the dip-in eye shadows would be the size of the actual product. The case is very small, and although the formula itself is very fine, I still think for the price it could be bigger. The consistency of the formula is powdered, unlike most shimmer products, which I prefer that are a creamier and softer formula.

Pros of this product would be the color pigmentation and the products building ability. With the application brush you have complete control to easily build up the color intensity, using soft strokes for a light shimmer coat, or pressured strokes for a dark pigmented coat. 

The Max Factor dip-in eye shadows are great for an overcoat eye shadow. I wouldn't use the shadow just on its own, but found it would be a perfect product to apply on top of a base color to bring out the pigments and add shimmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment