Image Map

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Outfit of the Day : Saturday Wedding


My complete look from a beautiful wedding I attended on the weekend...


The Dress


I went for a stunning black midi dress from Sheike in Melbourne, with a crossover front featuring small slit cutouts around the front and back area. Accompanied by a pair of classic strap heels and a few accessory pieces to match.

I can take wardrobe planning to a new level when organizing my outfit for an event. I won’t be satisfied unless I can picture the entire look prior to the day. That includes jewelry, bags, hairstyles and even lip color.


The Accessories


For this look I wanted to focus on edgy statement pieces to compliment the sharp lines and sophistication of the dress. I stuck to silver statement jewelry pieces, and a small clutch to match.

The Makeup Look 


It was inevitable that I was going to go for a dark smoky eye to complete this look. I used a combination of colors to achieve this gunmetal gold smoky eye look. 

On my eyes I have used Max Factors 'Max Effect dip-in eye shadow' in the colour Ibiza Sunrise and then used a combination of colours from the Stila 'Renaissance eye shadow pallet' to add darkness and drama to the outer corners and crease areas to create the smoky eye effect. 

I wanted a dewy foundation base with high contour lines for a flawless looking face. For this look I used Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, then highlighted with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and contoured using an Australis matte bronze colour. I then used TooFaced Bronzer in Sunny Bunny on my cheeks with a small amount of Stila cheek cream, in the colour peony, on my cheek bones. My brows were then filled in using Revlon ColourStay Eyebrow Liner and I completed the entire eye look off with a pair of Ardell 105 Black falsies

For lips I wore Nars Belle De Jour with Napoleon Merci Collection lipgloss in the shade 'Anna' on top. I prefer nude lips when wearing dark smoky eyes, allowing for a more dramatic emphasis on the eyes.


_______________________________________



You’d never hear me say, “This is just something I threw together”. Whether you think that’s a bad or good thing doesn’t really matter. As long as you remember to dress for yourself. If that means getting ready in less than 10 minutes, than I praise you for that. I myself rarely pull off anything in under 30 minutes. It's such a satisfying feeling when a planned outfit comes together, whether it's for a big event or even just an every day look. In the end it's about being your happy and confident self.


‘People often say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing you are the beholder.’ 
- Salma Hayek



XO Nat






No comments:

Post a Comment